Shwenandaw is an exquisite example of the wood-art craftsmanship of the original Burmese style.
Built in 1880 by King Mindon Min, he would die there in 1878. His son, King Thibaw Min, felt that his father’s ghost haunted the temple. He ordered it disassembled and moved to its current location near Mandalay Hill. The temple is thought to have been gilded in gold with mosaic windows. Its intricate designs depict Buddhist myths.