Pod Chocolate Factory - Chocolate Making Tour
Combine two of the world’s most amazing things into one incredible tour. Paradise meets chocolate in Bali, Indonesia. Step right up to the Pod Chocolate Factory! Located on the grounds of the Bali Elephant Camp, here, chocolate goes from unusual and humble fruit to the decadent treat we’ve all come to know and love. Discover every step of how one of the world’s most versatile ingredients is created. There will, OF COURSE, be samples!
- Duration: 4 hrs
- Available Days: Every day
- Schedule: 9:00 AM
- Inquire for Transportation
- Mobile Ticket Included
- Offered in English
The island of Bali, Indonesia isn’t just pardise for humans and wildlife, it’s also paradise for plants. Underwater gardens thrive in the sparkling Indian Ocean. Rice paddy terraces grace the landscape. Tropcial plants thrive in the jungles, and one such plant is ‘Theobroma Cacao’ — more commonly known as the ‘cocoa tree.’ Relishing the warm yet moist climate Indonesia provide, these notoriously fussy plants flourish to become the chocolate you know and love.
Witness the cacao fruit go from tree to finished product with this Pod Chocolate Factory - Chocolate Making Tour:
• Your delicious adventure begins when you’re signed in and greeted with a welcome drink. You’ll take a few moments to learn the ins and outs of what you’re about the enjoy.
• Next you’ll learn about the finer points of chocolate making and chocolate production. Once the plant grows, the raw cacao must be harvested, fermeted, and roasted. You’ll have the opportunity to compare the taste of raw cacao to proper coca nibs.
• Near the close of the tour, you’ll try your own hand at being a chocolatier when you make your very own chocolate elephant!
This delicious tour also has an altruistic element — Pod Chocolate Factory supports and encourages local organic, sustainable farming. By taking part in this tour, you help further their message that sustainable agriculture is not only important to the planet, but the local economy as well.
Expand your culinary horizons with a scrumptious and educational tour. Creating chocolate delicacies may be an art, but successfully growing chocolate is a craft you could spend your entire life trying to master. Gain a new respect for the chocolate you’ve come to know and love at Pod Chocolate Factory in Bali, Indonesia.
P.S. Be sure to bring some money with you in case you would like to purchase gifts for loved ones (or yourself), back home. The café lovingly makes incredible chocolates, ice cream, pralines, and cakes. Just one look and you’ll want to sample all of them.
What to Bring
Comfortable clothing, Walking shoes, and Camera.
- Entry to Bali Elephant Camp. - Welcome drink. - Mineral water. - Chocolate tasting: fresh cocoa beans, cocoa nibs, Pod signature chocolates - Chocolate making: a 'herd' of 14 chocolate elephants. - IDR 2.040.000.000,00 International Insurance Cover.
Many of our tours and activities offer transportation pick up & drop off options from several locations and destinations. Options vary by tour, see “More Time and Rates” for full details.