Can I Bargain in Myanmar?
Although bargaining is acceptable in Burmese culture, it’s generally not expected from visitors. Haggling is best left to the marketplace and even then, you won’t find that shopkeepers here adding an exorbitant markup, and many travelers don’t feel like bargaining over relatively tiny amounts of money — especially since wages in Myanmar are quite low.
1. How Much Cash Should I Carry in Myanmar?
2. What Should I Wear or Bring to a National Park in Myanmar?
3. Are Credit Cards Accepted in Myanmar?
4. Where Can I Exchange Money in Myanmar?
5. Are there Tourist Taxes in Myanmar?
6. What Kinds of Gifts and Souvenirs Can I Find in Myanmar?
7. Should I Leave Tips in Myanmar?