Should I Leave Tips in Myanmar?
Tipping is not part of Burmese culture, but with the recent increase in tourists, many Burmese service providers have begun expecting (or at least hoping for) a tip. Tip around $1 per day for the maids. Around $10 to $20 per day is a good tip for a tour guide. Taxi drivers do not expect a tip, but you should give private drivers a $5 to $10 tip.
1. How Much Cash Should I Carry in Myanmar?
2. What Should I Wear or Bring to a National Park in Myanmar?
3. Are Credit Cards Accepted in Myanmar?
4. Where Can I Exchange Money in Myanmar?
5. Are there Tourist Taxes in Myanmar?
6. Can I Bargain in Myanmar?
7. What Kinds of Gifts and Souvenirs Can I Find in Myanmar?