Where Can I Exchange Money in Myanmar?
You can exchange money at banks and at official exchange counters. The airport will have money exchange counter, although money changers at the airport tend to offer less favorable exchange rates. Avoid scams and do not exchange money on the street.
Before you leave, check with your bank to see if it will be possible for you to use ATMs in Myanmar. This is a convenient way to get money on the go, but will most likely come with a steep fee. For the best deal, bring clean, not creased, recently issued US $100 bills and exchange them at a bank or exchange counter outside of the airport.
1. How Much Cash Should I Carry in Myanmar?
2. What Should I Wear or Bring to a National Park in Myanmar?
3. Are Credit Cards Accepted in Myanmar?
4. Are there Tourist Taxes in Myanmar?
5. Can I Bargain in Myanmar?
6. What Kinds of Gifts and Souvenirs Can I Find in Myanmar?
7. Should I Leave Tips in Myanmar?