What Kinds of Gifts and Souvenirs Can I Find in Myanmar?
Myanmar has a rich handicraft culture. Major destinations have their own specialty crafts.
Inle Lake hosts the 5-Day Market, where you can browse silk made from lotus stalks, silver jewelry, and ceramics. You can find distinctive paper umbrellas near the entrance to Pindaya Cave. Visitors to Bagan can take tours to learn about the intricate processes behind making lacquer. In Mandalay you can find marble statues, gold leaf, and handmade marionettes, and jade beads. This is also a good city to see traditional woodcrafts.
You can read more details about these in our Handicrafts Travel Guide.
1. How Much Cash Should I Carry in Myanmar?
2. What Should I Wear or Bring to a National Park in Myanmar?
3. Are Credit Cards Accepted in Myanmar?
4. Where Can I Exchange Money in Myanmar?
5. Are there Tourist Taxes in Myanmar?
6. Can I Bargain in Myanmar?
7. Should I Leave Tips in Myanmar?