How Much Cash Should I Carry in Myanmar?
Myanmar is a cash economy, so you should carry enough cash to cover all of your daily expenses. Try and use all your kyat while you’re in Myanmar — it’s impossible to exchange kyat when you’re outside of Myanmar.
Hotel costs can vary widely — the most upscale hotels can cost around $600 per night, while basic accommodations can be as little as $5 per night. Food, taxis, and souvenirs are very affordable by western standards. You can easily get by on $20 per day for food and water, especially if you stick to simple local fare. Check ahead to make sure you have enough money to enter the religious and archeological sites you want to see. Bring enough to tip your tour guide and driver. Most people consider $10 to $20 per day fair.
1. What Should I Wear or Bring to a National Park in Myanmar?
2. Are Credit Cards Accepted in Myanmar?
3. Where Can I Exchange Money in Myanmar?
4. Are there Tourist Taxes in Myanmar?
5. Can I Bargain in Myanmar?
6. What Kinds of Gifts and Souvenirs Can I Find in Myanmar?
7. Should I Leave Tips in Myanmar?