What is the economy like in Panama?
Panama’s economy is primarily based upon the services sector, which accounts for some three-quarters of the GDP. These services include the operation of the Panama Canal, the Colón Free Trade Zone, banking, insurance, container ports, and tourism. Construction is a huge part of the economy as well, including two massive projects – an expansion of the Panama Canal and a metro system in Panama City – that are on track to be finished in 2014. Panama’s economy has grown steadily over the past several years, averaging between 7 and 10 percent.
1. What Is Panama's Currency?
2. What is Panama's population and ethnic makeup?
3. Is the government stable in Panama?
4. What are the voting rights like in Panama?
5. Will I see a lot of poverty in Panama?