A Day in The Life of a Balinese Farmer
Escape the everyday in Bali, Indonesia and live your best life in a big way. Experience both luxury and simplicity with one amazing tour. A Day in The Life of a Balinese Farmer provides you with guided walks, picnic breakfasts and lunches, interaction with local farmers, and spa treatments — all in the span of a single adventure. Because you'll be enjoying the expertise of the Four Seasons, you can rest assured that every element of your tour will be exceptional.
- Duration: 4 hrs
- Available Days: Every day
- Schedule: 7:00 AM
- Inquire for Transportation
- Mobile Ticket Included
- Offered in English
You came to Bali because you were searching for something...more, and this tour delivers it. Welcome to your Day In The Life of a Balinese Farmer. Step away from the island's warm, soft sands and jewel-like waters, and discover a side of Bali reserved for adventurous travelers. Go off the beaten path with this expertly curated tour.
The Perfect Marriage of Luxury and Simplicity
• Your adventure begins with a private stroll from Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan to rice paddies and well-maintained jungle trails — an expert guide accompanies you every step of the way. Eventually, you'll make your way to the Ayung River. At 42.6 miles (68.5 km), Ayung is the island's longest river. Take a moment to observe the beauty of the river itself, powerfully carving its way through rugged terrain — speaking the ancient language of nature as she roars past.
• Next, you'll enjoy breakfasting in the midst of a 'bale' — a rice field pavilion; this is the first of two picnics you'll have to look forward to.
• After your morning picnic, you will spend time with the locals as you embody the name of this tour — assisting farmers with rice planting. This is an opportunity to have a truly authentic experience. Get to know the farmers, as you help them with their crucial work, for rice is a staple around the world — second only to the production of wheat. During breaks, you'll be able to refresh yourself with the freshest coconut water you've ever tasted.
Healing Waters, Touch, and Nourishment
• Since hard work should be rewarded, after the rice fields is a riverbank spa villa. You'll freshen up, but this won't be your average shower. It's time for a traditional Balinese bathing ritual, courtesy of your Four Seasons Spa Therapists. Let the waters of the Ayung wash away your troubles and sorrows through a river-stone scrub. After you're all clean, it's time to yield to the healing touch of a Balinese massage — a stunning combination of massage therapy, reflexology, aromatherapy, and acupressure.
• Now that you're properly reinvigorated, it's time to enjoy more of life's simple pleasures. This time, you'll enjoy a riverside picnic — a traditional farmer's lunch known as 'nasi campur.' Nasi campur is a sculpted portion of rice accompanied by samplings of other dishes, such as meat, seafood, and vegetables.
The Most Difficult Part of Your Vacation is That First Click...
Make your Balinese getaway a truly special experience when you go off the beaten path to experience another side of Indonesia and a different way of life. Luxry and simplicity are just a click away when you book your tours, accommodations, and transportation with Anywhere.
What to Bring
Long pants, long-sleeved shirt, comfortable shoes, camera.
Private guided trek, picnic breakfast, picnic lunch, and a spa experience.
Many of our tours and activities offer transportation pick up & drop off options from several locations and destinations. Options vary by tour, see “More Time and Rates” for full details.
On this tour, you’ll visit the ancient elephant temple called Goa Gajah, which is one of Bali’s oldest sacred spaces. Your guide will talk you through the complexities of Balinese culture. This ancient temple is surrounded with beautiful rice fields and small streams that lead to the Petanu River – another natural site intertwined with local legends. Enjoy a stroll through the temple and the neighboring rice fields and jungle. After this you will visit a Balinese compound and will be introduced a well-known priest to take a part in an astrology session and purification ceremony.
4 hrsFrom $150
Discover the beauty of Bali, Indonesia on both a natural and artistic level when you go on this fun and engaging tour. Explore traditional painting methods and wood carving. Then visit a turtle conservation center; the island and her animals are such an inspiration that they must be preserved. Learn about traditional artistry in Ubud and take more than a memory back with you — purchase an original piece from a studio or workshop!
8 hrsFrom $66
- Ubud Things To Do
Ubud Things To Do