Can I use my cell phone in Peru?
You can use your cell phone in Peru if it’s a GSM (Global Systems for Mobiles) phone. Before you leave for Peru, alert your operator and ask for international roaming to be activated. Do note, however, that charges can be high.
An alternative is renting a phone. You can rent phones from a number of places in Peru, including car-rental agencies and at kiosks in the airport. Renting a cell phone will cost you about US$10 per month and all incoming calls are free. Domestic calls cost around US$0.70/minute, and international calls cost around US$1.50/minute. You can also buy a cell phone for around US$30.
1. Is there fax service in Peru?
2. How do I dial from the U.S. to Peru?
3. How do I dial from Peru to the U.S.?
4. What is Peru's time zone?
5. What are other international calling codes in Peru?
6. How long will it take a postcard to reach the U.S. from Peru?
7. What is Internet access like in Peru?