The “Planetarium Cusco” is probably the most original planetarium in the world. It is located only 15 minutes away from downtown Cusco. We are a cultural interpretation center of Incan astronomy (a star museum), a Planetarium of southern skies and an amateur observatory, surrounded by an incredible natural environment. All merged into one experience. A two-hour experience is arranged, with the information on the ancient view of the Incan Empire about the universe. Also a workshop about constellations is given, that will give you some keys to start stargazing.
- 2 hrs
- Available Days:
- Every day
- 5:30 PM, 6:00 PM
- Hotel Transport Included
- Mobile Ticket Included
- Offered in English, Spanish
NOTES: depending on the weather conditions, we will show you some treasures of the sky with our telescopes.
The program of the shared function is
• 17: 40 - Pick up from Plaza Regocijo
• 17: 55 - Arrival at the Planetarium Cusco
• 18:00 - Speech about Inca Astronomy in the interpretation rooms
• 18: 30 - Virtual projection of the southern sky in dome: Inca Constellations
• 19: 00 - Observation with telescopes (subject to weather conditions)
• 19: 40hs Return to the city center
What to Bring
- Wind breaker and warm clothes for the cold nights.
- Shared or Group Tour includes pick up and drop off from Plaza Regocijo. - Private tours require transportation.
Many of our tours and activities offer transportation pick up & drop off options from several locations and destinations. Options vary by tour, see “BOOKING REQUEST” for full details.
So Amazing! They do a great job. Mars through a telescope! That was a first! Recommend to make a stop here for anyone who's doing the Inca Trail - get a briefing on the stars before heading up into the darkness of the southern sky.