At Thatch Caye Resort, you’ll have access to an incredible environment for snorkeling, scuba diving, and boating trips. Thatch Caye is a quick trip from the Belize Barrier Reef, which is a thriving coral reef and the second-largest reef in the world.
- 3:00 p.m. check in
- 11:00 a.m. check out
- Spa Services
- Restaurant in Hotel
- Swimming Pool
While you stay at Thatch Caye Resort, you’ll be a short boat ride away from Belize’s mainland and its coastal towns of Hopkins and Dangriga. These towns are known for their African Garífuna culture and drumming. North of the island, you can find pristine beaches at Turneffe Islands. The Turneffe Islands are surrounded by a network of estuaries, which is a lovely place to go kayaking and bird watching.
All of the accommodations have air conditioning, although if you open the windows you’ll get to experience a fresh sea breeze. Each type of accommodation also has its own en-suite bathroom. Thatch Caye’s accommodations have beachy wicker furniture and bright pops of color. They stay nice and neat with a regular maid service.
You have your choice of several different types of accommodation.
- Overwater Bungalows are on stilts, allowing you to stay in accommodations that jut out over the ocean. There’s a hammock on the patio, so you can make the most out of your incredible view.
- Overwater Cabanas have private rooftop decks and offer more space than bungalows.
- Ocean View Cabanas also have private decks. Cabanas are spacious and come with roomy dining room.
- Overwater Villas share desks and are made up of connected bungalows. These villas offer lots of space for two guests.
- You also have the option to rent the entire island, giving you access to all 13 of the island’s villas.
Guests have access to a sea water swimming pool.
Thatch Caye Resort has top-tier Belizean chefs on staff. Vacation packages come with meals included. Breakfast is made to order, and all meals and snacks are served at specific times. There are two bars and a daily happy hour.
There is electricity at the resort, but there are no phones, TVs, or Wi-Fi in the accommodations. Your time at Thatch Caye is a time to unplug. There is a phone at the resort’s main office that you are welcome to use.