Belize has a large diversity of attractions, with some that can be found in the world’s second Largest Barrier and atolls that supports great Eco system, which lays to the east of Belize.
- 6 hrs
- Available Days:
- Every day
- 8:00 AM
- Inquire for Transportation
- Mobile Ticket Included
- Offered in English, Spanish
12 miles south of Placencia lies the sub tropical rain forest along the bank of the monkey River. Your up river ride casting your eyes on the beautiful flora and fauna where your guide will point out various birds like, toucan, heron, Tanager and more. Iguanas dive into the water, troop of Howler monkeys race through the trees, crocodile’s sun along the bank of the river. Stop for a hike through the jungle, where your guide will point out herbal plants use for herbal medicines, tarantulas, snakes monkeys and if lucky you may spot a tapir a deer or even a jaguar.
- Length of Tour 6 Hours
- Designated pick up location in Placencia at 8:00 am, is the M&M gas or service station /beside Hokey Pokey water Taxi.
- A 40 mins boat ride along the coats through beautiful mangroves channels.
- Bird watching and viewing the beautiful flora and fauna.
- Medicinal trail hiking to learn about the Plants and their herbal usage and “Guarantee” to see Black Howler Monkeys.
- If request lunch stop at Black Coral Restaurant in the village.
- On the way back a change to see manatee depending on weather condition to arrive for 2:00 pm
The Community Baboon Sanctuary Private Reserve is one of the easiest places in Belize to encounter black howler monkeys in the wild. Established in 1985, this baboon sanctuary was set up as a cooperative agreement among 12 local farmers and landowners in Bermudian Landing who voluntarily agreed to preserve the area’s black howler monkey habitat. They believed that a healthy population of monkeys could help support the local economy by drawing in tourism and creating jobs.
Read more:Community Baboon Sanctuary
Many of our tours and activities offer transportation pick up & drop off options from several locations and destinations. Options vary by tour, see “BOOKING REQUEST” for full details.
Our guide pointed out many birds and some turtles from the boat. We thought we were dressed appropriately, long sleeves, pants, socks over pants, shoes... AND used deep woods off, but when we got to the jungle, swarms of mosquitos attacked all of us and bit right through our clothes. Our backs and arms are still covered with mosquito bites. Lunch was provided by Ralph's family and was delicious, not to be missed if you go.
Similar things to do
Robert's Grove has its own fleet of boats and professional guides ready to take you on an unforgettable Belize snorkeling adventure. We'll whisk you away to Belize's Barrier Reef and the many beautiful cayes nearby, such as Laughing bird Caye National Park, Silk Cayes, South Water Caye or Glovers Reef.