The Lima Gourmet - Day Tour
These Lima food tours visit exclusive restaurants, try mouth-watering gourmet dishes and you learn to make your own cebiche and pisco sour with a chef. Discover the culinary scene, Peruvian culture and the capital in five hours.
up to 20 days in advance
- Duration: 5 hrs
- Available Days: Every day
- Schedule: 9:30 AM
- Inquire for Transportation
- Free cancellation up to 20 days prior
- Mobile Ticket Included
- Offered in English, Spanish
The perfect way to do Lima in a day.
This food and city tour includes exclusive restaurants, trendy districts, top must-see attractions and hands-on activities.
Itinerary and Highlights
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Organic Peruvian coffee at a traditional roastery
- Exotic Peruvian fruit smoothie at secret garden café
- Visit to a local market and tasting of fruits
- Cebiche and pisco sour class with head chef at top seafood restaurant
- Gourmet Peruvian lunch and dessert amid pre-Incan ruins at la Huaca Pucllana
- Small group ensures personal service
- All food and beverages in the program included
- Vegetarian, gluten-free and other diets accommodated
- Hotel pickup & drop-off (Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco)
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes and camera.
5-stop city tour, organic Peruvian coffee at a traditional roastery, visit to a local market, exotic Peruvian fruit lucuma milkshake at secret garden café and tasting of fruits & local products. Cebiche & Pisco Sour class with head chef at top seafood restaurant, gourmet Peruvian lunch & dessert amid pre-Incan ruins at la Huaca Pucllana. Professional guide & tour of iconic districts. Transportation & hotel pick-up from Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco
Many of our tours and activities offer transportation pick up & drop off options from several locations and destinations. Options vary by tour, see “More Time and Rates” for full details.
Javier Wong is a master in preparing sole ceviche and considered by many people as the best chef in cebiches. He is self-taught, temperamental and whose cuisine is considered cult. It is recommendable only to foodies. His restaurant has been visited by politicians, mayors, presidents and personalities mainly from Peru. Javier Wong is considered a chef, master of the sole and the octopus and with his creativity in chopping and mixing ingredients achieves the most delicious dishes.
2 hrsFrom $118
Central is an unmissable part of the itinerary, with its tasting menu travelling from 25 metres below to 4,200 metres above sea level. Central made its debut on The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list in 2013 at No.50 and has since rocketed to No.4. Chef Virgílio Martínez’s star has been rising rapidly for the last few years, coinciding with Lima’s ascent to become one of the world’s leading foodie destinations.
2 hrsFrom $229