Mekong River Rustic 3 Day, 2 Night Tour
Day 1: HCMC - Mekong Rustic homestay (L/D)
- Arriving at Cai Be in the morning at around 11:00 AM, you will be welcomed by the hospitable smile of the local guide before taking the ferry to Mekong Rustic homestay on Tan Phong isles surrounded by lush tropical fruit gardens. There you meet the host family members while having refreshments before checking in. After taking a little break, we all have a Southern style Vietnamese lunch prepared by the family.
- In the afternoon, the host will show you to his orchards where he shares his experience on how to take care of the garden and pick fruits as it is his daily work. Let’s listen to Don Ca Tai Tu while enjoying your self-picked fruits from his garden.
- In the late afternoon, we go the vegetable garden and pick veggies for your dinner. After that we will prepare and cook a family meal with the help of the family. Homestay overnight in the host family surrounded by tropical garden. Day 2: Mekong Rustic homestay - Cai Be downtown (B/L/D) *Visit Cai Be inland and floating market in the early morning after breakfast time, you can observe the daily life of local people who live mostly based on the river sources. We may buy some fresh tropical fruits on the local seller’s boats and engage in the conversation with them.
- Leaving the market, we will cycle around Cai Be town. Our guide will lead you to the Cao Dai Temple, the Cai Be Cathedral where you may get to know more about religious life of the local people here. Next, our stop-over will be at the Ba Kiet ancient house and the handicraft workshop of making fruit biscuits and candies. Returning to the boat and head back to Tan Phong Isles. Enjoy lunch at Mekong Rustic Restaurant. After lunch break, you will cycle to visit local kindergarten if it is a school day (optional).
- On route, stop at a local farmer’s house and learn how to make Jackfruit leaf cake. Continue to cycle and stop at a bonsai garden and meet the host. He will introduce the way they plant the bonsai and take care the orchards. Cycle back to the homestay, we can join in a cooking demonstration under guidance of the host. Dinner with the family and then your own free time. Day 3: Mekong Rustic homestay - departure (B)
- After breakfast, we will row in a sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees. Return the homestay, have a short break before saying goodbye to the friendly host. We check out at
- 11:00 - 11:30 and leave Tan Phong Isles. The ferry will take you back the wharf to continue your onwards journey