Mekong Rustic Tour
The Two-day Mekong Rustic Tour package is just an ideal combination of leisure and learn in which you can enjoy the delta's natural beauty. Get in touch with local people and explore the cultural values of the Mekong region.
- Duration: 23 hrs
- Available Days: Every day
- Schedule: 11:00 AM
- Inquire for Transportation
- Mobile Ticket Included
- Offered in English,Vietnamese
Day 1: HCMC - Mekong Rustic (L/D)
- After breakfast, take the transfer to Cai Be. Arriving early in the morning at around 11:00AM, you will be visiting the first stop-over Cao Dai Temple in Cai Be which is symbolizing for the local unique religion and then Cai Be Cathedral. After that, you will embark on a boat to visit Cai Be inland and floating market to observe the daily life of local people who live mostly based on the river sources. We can buy some fresh tropical fruits on the local seller’s boats and engage in the conversation with them.
- Leaving the market, continue on boat to head to Mekong Rustic homestay on Tan Phong isles surrounded by lush tropical fruit gardens. There you check in, enjoy tea and welcome fruits and a Southern style Vietnamese lunch prepared by the host family. After break time, get your self active by joining us catching the ditch fish on the canals for your dinner. After getting some fishes for your dinner, you can prepare and cook a family meal with the host in the late afternoon.
- Have a chill relaxing night in the Mekong Rustic garden while you have your own free time. Sleep overnight at Mekong Rustic private bungalow surrounded by tropical orchards in the host family garden.
Day 2: Mekong Rustic - depart (B)
- After breakfast, we cycle around the peaceful Tan Phong Isles. Stop at a local farmer’s house to savour a cup of tea and local banana candies specialties. Enjoy your self-picked fruits at one of the most abundantorchards on Mekong river while listen to Don Ca Tai Tu - an Intangible Cultural Heritage recognized by UNESCO.
- Keep cycling to the conical hat (nón bàng) workshop and maybe bring home some products made from dried water hyacinth as a souvenir. Have a short rest before saying goodbye to the friendly host.
- We check out at 11:30 and leave Tan Phong Isles. The ferry will take you back the wharf to depart to next destination.
Many of our tours and activities offer transportation pick up & drop off options from several locations and destinations. Options vary by tour, see “More Time and Rates” for full details.