What Should I Do In Case If An Emergency in Guatemala?

Contact the police by calling 111 or 120. The fire department can be reached by dialing 122 or 123. The tourist police, Politur, can be reached by dialing 1500. It's also a good idea to contact your embassy if you are the victim of a crime.

Complete medical care is available in Guatemala City. Smaller towns, however, may have limited medical care. Prescription and non-prescription drugs can be purchased at a pharmacies (farmacias) throughout Guatemala.